1. HE’S STOPPED GETTING JEALOUS: Jealousy is a range — some people rarely get jealous and some people are constantly jealous (which, in general, is never a good thing). The thing to watch for is a change in how they behave. At the beginning of the relationship were they curious if you were hanging out with other guys vs. just girls? Did they worry when you left the house in a revealing outfit? If your guy used to care and suddenly can’t be bothered, that’s a red flag.
2. YOU’RE THE ONE WHO INITIATES EVERYTHING: Do you ever get the feeling that your relationship would be completely over if you stop initiating texts or hang outs? It probably would be. There’s no excuse for a relationship where one person does all the initiating, it means the other party is either disinterested or being suffocated by someone who wants a lot more interaction than they do. Take a step back, and allow the other person to show you what they want.
3. FIGHTS ARE NON EXISTENT: It may seem like a good thing if you and your man never fight, but take it from a dude — I never want to be wrong…. until I stop caring. When the passion is gone in a relationship it means the good stuff that’s supposed to fuel you through the bad stuff is no longer there, meaning, there’s simply no point in pretending I care if the girl has wacky opinions about something. The relationship is no longer going anywhere, I’ll let you have your way simply so we can stop talking about it.
5. THEY BECOME MORE IMPATIENT: Most men and women are very different, and relating to someone who is very different from you takes patience. For instance, it takes me 20 minutes to get out the door in the morning: wake up, shower, comb hair, brush teeth, eat breakfast, out the door. Most girls take at least an hour, and then they are more than happy to make their man wait for them. This is totally fine when your relationship is great. When it’s not great, things like this are no longer handled delicately… If he’s yelling at you over small things, there is no way his head is still in it. No one wants to treat someone they love that way, it just slips out when you stop viewing them in that light.
6. HIS FRIENDS START ACTING WEIRD TOWARDS YOU: Most guys will be nice to their friend’s girl, but usually not overly so. But when he starts talking about how he’s “going to end it” they can’t help but treat you differently. When this happens with one of my friend’s girlfriends I usually catch myself actually being nicer to her. I feel bad about the situation, but deep down, I’m also wondering if I have a chance to be her rebound.