Kisses send messages and are considered more meaningful than you think they are. They send your partner numerous messages other than a way to initiate sex or an admission of attraction to someone.
Holly Riordan of All Women Stalk lists a few other things a kiss may mean:
- I missed you: When you see your boyfriend for the first #time in days and plant a kiss on him, it can show him how much you missed him and have been waiting to touch him. Likewise, when you have to leave later that day, your goodbye kiss can tell him how much you're going to miss him. Even though the kisses you give each other throughout the day can feel amazing, the first and last kisses of the day tend to have an intoxicating intensity to them.
- I love you: You don't actually have to say those three little #words in order to let your partner know how you're feeling. After they do something sweet for you and you give them a passionate kiss, they'll know exactly what you're trying to say. If you've ever kissed someone that you truly love, you'll know that it feels entirely different than kissing a casual lover.
- I'm turned on: When your #partner wants to rip your clothes off, you'll know it. Even though you might be able to guess what they're thinking by looking into their #eyes, you'll know for sure once they start kissing you in that special way. A kiss like this usual includes tongue, and it can become pretty intense in a short amount of #time.
- Thank you: The best way to thank your partner is by showing them #affection. If your #boyfriend takes out the trash for you or buys you a thoughtful gift, you're bound to give him a kiss. It's meant as a thank you for being so sweet. These kisses tend to be pecks, but they can transition into full-on make out sessions if the gift was impressive enough.
- I'm here for you: When your #boyfriend has a rough day, you'll want to do anything you can to make him feel better. Sometimes, that will be impossible, so the least you can do is give him a few kisses. They aren't meant to distract him from his pain. They're just meant to let him know that you're there for him whenever he needs you.
- I want attention: When you feel like you're being ignored, or when you just want to feel special, you might kiss your #partner in order to get him to pay attention to you. It's the easiest way to redirect his attention from the television, his work, or another #girl in the room. After a few kisses, you'll be the only thing on his mind.
- You're mine: Kisses don't always have to have sweet intentions. Sometimes, they're territorial gestures. Think about it. If you've ever seen a girl eyeing up your #boyfriend, all you have to do is lean in and kiss him in order to show her that he's off-limits. It's a way to mark your territory without seeming rude.