1. He Can’t Make Big DecisionsHis reluctance to marry might not be about you at all.If he can’t decide on, say, what career path he wants to follow or where he wants to live, he probably doesn’t know himself well enough to settle down yet.
2. When He Talks About His Future, He Doesn’t Talk About YouIn 10 years he wants to be a CEO with a huge yacht and a leash-trained lion named Simba Great.As he’s musing out loud about these plans, does he speculate on how you’ll fit in?
3. He doesn’t ask about your long-term goalAgain, if he’s not yet tailoring his pipe dreams to yours, he’s not yet thinking about your lives together.It’s not like he has to account for every little detail, but if he isn’t showing an interest in your future, it might be because he doesn’t see himself in it.
4. He Doesn’t Handle Conflicts WellRelationships require maintenance, and hey, fights happen.But when you get into a spat, does he launch right into a blowout fight or calmly try to explain why something bothers him?
5. He Makes Odd Noises During Romantic ComediesIf it’s just minor eye-rolling during the cheesiest and most cliché-riddled scenes (he stopped the wedding at the altar?!
He raced through airport security just to k!ss her, then don’t read too far into it.
But if he’s grunting, growling, and whimpering like he’s in pain for the entire duration of Titanic, he’s sending a message.You’re just not his Rose.