After these years you are still crazy about your partner and even if you haven't tied the knot yet, you just can't wait for the day it happens but sometimes you are very doubtful if it is really meant to be.
Maybe because you can't believe someone could be happy as you are and 'happily ever after' is meant for romantic books and movies.
How do you know what you are really experiencing the real thing called love and you have finally met your soulmate?
Compiled by YourTango here are 10 signs your relationship is meant to beYou tell him things you don't tell anyone else: We don't mean blurting something out after you've had too much merlot, but the desire to tell him intimate details about your life means you trust him—a major component of successful long-term love
- You let him see you in moments of weakness: It's easy to be happy with someone when you're feeling good about life. But what about when you're not doing so well? Do you want to see him when you've been denied a raise, or your cat died or you had a plain old bad day? He should be a comfort during tough times, not a burden.
- You respect him: You don't want to change the essence of who he is. There may be stuff that irritates you in everyday life—he insists on wearing his favorite, holey T-shirt, he eats sugar cereal for dinner, he still watches Saturday morning cartoons—but you like him, plain and simple.
- You want him to meet your parents: You feel proud of him and you want to show him off—as opposed to feeling like you have to make excuses for him
- You can imagine a future together: You don't have to practice writing your first name with his last name, but do you periodically let your mind wander to picture a life together? Is it amazing?
- You're not afraid to disagree with him: You know that even if you fight, he'll listen to you and won't brush you off. He takes you seriously, even when he thinks you're wrong.
- You want to work out your major differences: If you do have crucial differences that will impact your future together—different opinions about religion, money or something else—you want to work them out with him, and you believe you can come to a conclusion that will satisfy both of you.
- You laugh together: Laughter is one of life's simplest pleasures—you should definitely be able to crack each other up.
- You're incredibly, utterly, surprisingly attracted to him: Physical chemistry is an undeniably important ingredient in a healthy relationship. And if he's not perfectly fit or your usual "type"? Even more reason to think he's the one.
- It's OK to be quiet around him: You don't feel like you have to fill the space between you with chatter or other interaction. Instead, you feel an easy comfort.